Back to category
Is this your activity? Suggest an edit
OpenShkola is an initiative to promote the ideas of sustainable development by providing information to the Russian-speaking population through online education. The aim of the project is to spread ideas of sustainable development as a concept for the further development of society in Russia and the world community as a whole. We use online courses, webinars, and live events.
Our plans are:
1) Introduce the second course on SDGs for the broad audience with partnership of Russian MOOC platform “Lectorium” https://www.lektorium.tv/
2) Start the implementation of a marketing strategy for promoting SDSN among Russian universities increasing the visibility of our project as regional coordinator
3) Involve more students in translation of SDSN materials as well as production of our own materials on sustinable development
4) If funding is available: development of educational materials for schools, universities, local municipalities – fundraising is in process
5) Continue organizing free webinars, providing materials through social media
We are a team of young activists who believe that education is a basis for the global changes. We educate Russian-speaking audiences about sustainability issues and want to reach as many people as possible through online non-formal education. We provide our service through a webpage (see above) where people can access free online courses. We provide free webinars sessions where we invite different specialists once a month. We are targeting youth and young professionals in different parts of the world who speak Russian and can apply their knowledge in their daily life. With our projects they can learn about global issues and how daily choice can influence the environment and society of the planet.
We had some young educators among our students who applied this knowledge for their teaching practice. We are planning to develop at least one course for educators about how to teach sustainability to children.